The Thai-German Competence Center for Sustainable Water Resources Management was founded in 2016 by the Water Resources and Environmental Institute (WREI), Khon Kaen University and the Institute for Water and River Basin Management (IWG), Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
The aim of the “Thai-German Competence Center for Sustainable Water Resources Management” is to transfer research into practice and also to derive needed research fields from experiences in the catchment area, project area respectively.
Namely this should be achieved through:
- Realization of a pilot project in the field of Sustainable Water Resources Management under participation of multiple partners
- Joint research projects by KIT and KKU, also participation of further local universities possible
- Exchange of information; one tool here: the Sustainable Water Wiki
- Scientific consultation;
- Joint publication in the field of the cooperation; including guidelines for administrations and stakeholders.
- Participation of experts in research and development, testing, and design activities performed at the facilities of the Parties in the course of their respective research programs; and
- Organization of technical meetings, symposia or training courses.
This Center should also strengthen the research cooperation between KKU and KIT in short term and also in long-term between Germany and Thailand.